Halloween costumes are good sellers on eBay, especially during the Fall. However, do not be afraid to list those costumes year-round as they are in need throughout the year for school plays, spirit week, character days, festivals and more.
Creative sellers can make money putting together costumes unlike any other listed available on Amazon.com. For example, characters Mario & Luigi from the Super Mario Bros video game series. Sure, store purchased Mario Halloween costumes might be readily available (and expensive), but handmade costumes are more desirable because they are one-of-kind and perfect for boys, girls and adults.
Follow the steps below to make a Mario dress up character costume for Halloween, school parties, character days or school spirit week:
Apparel to Purchase (click the links to purchase supplies):
1. White slip on gloves (usually $1 at Dollar store or Walmart)
2. Red baseball cap
3. Red long sleeve shirt
4. Denim Bib overalls
To make the Mario baseball cap:
1. Trace the bottom of a soup can onto the white felt to make it perfectly round. Cut out the circle
2. Download the “M” in Mario from www.zankat.com. Zoom and print to fit on the white circle
3. Assemble the “M” circle and hot glue to hat
To make the mustache:
1. Trace the mustache pattern here
2. Cut out
3. Use Heavy Duty Scotch shipping tape to hold the mustache in place just above the lip
Child can complete the costume with hiking boots or heavy shoes. I have yet to think of a creative trick-or-treat bag to complete this outfit. Feel free to leave your suggestion in the comments section below!