Creative folks can make money putting together costumes unlike any other listed available on Amazon.com. For example, characters Mario & Luigi from the Super Mario Bros video game series. Sure, store purchased Mario Halloween costumes might be readily available (and expensive), but handmade costumes are more desirable because they are one-of-kind and perfect for boys, girls and adults.
Less creative folks can purchase the Mario Bros. accessory kit which includes gloves, mustache and hat. Otherwise, supplies needed to make mustache and ball cap:
1. Red, white and black felt
3. Hot glue gun and glue sticks
4. Mustache pattern located at www.zankat.com
Purchase a Mario Luigi cap online at Amazon.com. Or, make the Mario baseball cap:
1. Trace the bottom of a soup can onto the white felt to make it perfectly round. Cut out the circle
2. Download the “M” in Mario from www.zankat.com. Zoom and print to fit on the white circle
3. Assemble the “M” circle and hot glue to hat
To make the mustache:
1. Trace the mustache pattern here
2. Cut out
3. Use Heavy Duty Scotch shipping tape to hold the mustache in place just above the lip
Child can complete the costume with hiking boots or heavy shoes. I have yet to think of a creative trick-or-treat bag to complete this outfit. Feel free to leave your suggestion in the comments section below!