The heart-shaped jewelry box is functional and beautiful. It is a great gift to make for a loved one for Valentine's Day, or for any special occasion.
Heart-Shaped Jewelry Box
- Medium heart-shaped paper mache box with lid
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Ivory acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Mauve silk florals
- 1 yard of pink pearls on a string
- 1/2 yard of mauve satin ribbon
1. Cover the top of your work area with a small tarp or large plastic bag. Pour a small amount of paint in an old bowl. Paint the outside of the heart lid. Let dry. Turn over, and paint the underside of the lid. Let dry. Paint the outside and inside of the heart-shaped box. Let dry. Turn the box upside down. Paint the bottom of the box. Let dry. Put the lid back on the heart-shaped box.
2. Glue the string of pearls around the edge of the heart lid. Try to glue the beginning and end string of pearls as close as possible. Cut off excess. Repeat this step on the bottom edge of the heart-shaped box.
3. Make a bow from the satin ribbon. Glue this bow to the center of the lid. Trim ribbon ends so they touch the edge of the lid.
4. Glue silk flowers on and around the pink satin bow.
Fill the beautiful heart-shaped jewelry box with your favorite jewelry.
Michael's Arts and Crafts has a great selection of affordable crafts supplies. They are located on 861 Williston Road in South Burlington, Vermont.