What did you resolve for 2013? If weight loss and better health ranked high on your wish list, learn how a cleansing detox diet can help you kick-start your path to achieving your goals. Tip: If you have health conditions such as diabetes or hypertension, talk with your doctor before changing your current diet.
Follow these steps:
- Clean your cupboards of processed foods that are high in sugar, salt and white flour.
- Clean out the refrigerator, tossing out those foods high in saturated fat and sugar. Load up on fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, unsweetened soy and almond milk, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
- Stock up on a variety of herbs and spices, such as garlic powder, Italian herbs, ginger and cinnamon.
Plan meals based on simple, pure foods. For example:
- For breakfast enjoy a bowl of Arrowhead Mills Organic Puffed Kamut Cereal. One cup has just 50 calories. Serve with unsweetened almond milk, or, for a healthy change, Blue Diamond Almond Coconut, Unsweetened Vanilla. Sip ginger herbal tea for your digestion, such as Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger tea.
- For lunch, enjoy a large salad sprinkled with herbs and dressing composed of a small amount of olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Sprinkle with Bragg Organic Sprinkle Seasoning. Sip peppermint tea, such as Celestial Seasonings peppermint tea.
- For dinner, cook a variety of vegetables stir-fried in olive oil. Drink your choice of herbal tea, such as flavorful Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea.
- If you get hungry between meals, try hot water with a squeeze of fresh lemon or drink a cup of organic chicken broth, such as Pacific Natural Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth at just 10 calories per cup.