Each year, companies spend billions of dollars on promotion. But some of the cash is wasted because marketers don't reach their target audiences. Is your business talking to consumers the right way, at the right time?
If you want to engage in effective email marketing, remember "SoLoMo." Yeah, the word certainly rhymes with some Southern European food item, but it has nothing to do with the culinary world.
SoLoMo—or Social, Local and Mobile—governs the promotion tactics of the best marketers today, according to a recent study about email marketing and how it affects corporate promotion budgets.
Timing doesn't matter much, as consumers are using a wide range of devices, including handheld devices and desktops, to access promotional material.
To effectively promote your branded content online, create sparkling material that your target audience will love, and disseminate it on key platforms. These include social media, emails, corporate blogs and websites, and third-party portals.
And don't forget to craft content that is as multimedia as possible, with text, infographics, video and audio—consumers relish that and will reward your business with higher conversions, leads and revenue.
Here are the study’s highlights:
- Location-based email marketing is becoming popular—and “SoLoMo” (Social, Local and Mobile) is the buzzword.
- Consumers like good content, but they love better content—and companies are willing to pay more to deliver it.
- Marketers increasingly outsource the production and dissemination of branded content—and the investment is paying off.
- Marketers use Twitter and Facebook feeds to deploy pay-per-click ads, adopting a multi-channel content distribution strategy.
- Multimedia content is the big winner… but visual remains far ahead—at least on Facebook.
- Ebooks, magalogs, issuelogs and bookalogs are becoming a new source of revenue, and are morphing into Web-ready features.
- Newsletters, sales letters and other concise-text branded/informational content are gaining in popularity with marketers—and readers.
- To quickly increase conversions and improve prospect engagement, organizations and entrepreneurs are segmenting and personalizing e-marketing campaigns.
- Marketers are embracing sponsored content promotion full-on, boosting sales for third-party websites, such as article directories, blogs and e-commerce platforms.