Are you online dating?
Here are some tips that will help you attract and meet Mr. Right online.
1. Get a good photo. This is very important. You want to look your absolute best in your photo. Remember, men are visual and if you're not their "type" or they're not attracted to your "look," they won't even glance at your profile. Check out LookBetterOnline. Their team of photographers can take fantastic profile pics of you for an affordable cost. Invest in good photos, and watch your dating life soar. This is something absolutely worth investing in.
Use these guidelines to your advantage:
-Make sure your photo is recent and looks like you.
-Ask honest friends/family if you look really good in your photos. Remember, our judgement sometimes isn't the best. A second or third opinion always helps.
-Make sure your profile is appropriate--stay away from bikini photos, photos with a drink in your hand or a photo with another man.
-Have between one to three SOLO photos of yourself (preferably two--one a face shot and one a full body shot).
2. Keep your profile short and sweet. Make sure it expresses who you are as a person but don't write a mini novel in there! Keep some mystery (men love it). Don't be negative, cynical, desperate or too heavy in your tone/words. Be positive and light. Stay away from words like "soul mate," "committed relationship," "something serious," "love and marriage." Remember, a man will know you're looking for something serious by your actions, not words. Action is the language of men!
3. Let men message you first.
4. When a man messages you, respond after 24 hours, or a few hours at the least. Responding in nanoseconds seems like you are online 24/7 and that's not the image you want to portray (it can turn men off), even if it's true!
5. Keep your responses short and sweet. If he writes you a paragraph, don't write him a full page! Remember, when he asks you out on a live date then you can talk about shared interests, hobbies and anything else.
6. The Rules say a man has four interactions with you online to ask you out for a coffee date or for your number. If he's emailed/messaged you four times or more and still hasn't asked you for your number or to meet, stop answering his messages (he may then ask for your number or to meet). A man who's interested in dating you (who is truly single) will ask you for your number or ask you out by the four email mark. This is tried and tested.
7. Remember, you don't want to indulge time wasters! Refuse to give men your screen name or other chatting ID. Stay away from chatting endlessly online. If a man wants to get to know you, he can ask you out for coffee! If it's long distance, also stay away from endlessly chatting online. Let him call you on the phone. If you do chat online, keep it short. 10 minutes and you gotta go!
8. If you decide to meet, make sure the place is public (safety first) and is convenient for you.
9. Tell your friends/family where you'll be.
10. Keep the first meeting/date to 1-1.5 hours. Even if you hit it off, avoid extending it too much longer. Remember, we want to keep him wanting more. If he liked you, he'll ask you out on another date! It's that simple.
Have a dating question? Subscribe to our newsletter at http://NancyTheDatingDiva.com, submit your dating question via the form on the dating Q&A page and get dating Q&As, videos, blog posts and more sent to your inbox once a week.