The dorm room is your abode to relax in, study in, and have fun in. You want to make the room as comfortable and as beautiful as possible to create a lovely home to enjoy. The problem with the dorm room is the restrictions of not being allowed to mar walls. This translates into not being able to use picture hooks banged in or hooks screwed in leaving holes behind. Often walls in dorm rooms are painted concrete blocks making it difficult to hang anything on.
Be sure to watch me on the eHow video as an accompaniment to this article!
3M has wonderful Command Brand products to use to hang stuff on the walls with no damage.
Find an array of decorative and useful hooks in many sizes, finishes, and colors to be used in any room. The hooks are perfect for dorm rooms since they can be attached to a surface without any harm. Command has the perfect picture and frame hangers to hang art, hole free, on the walls. The Command products leave no holes behind when removed.
Hang your artwork in your dorm room without worry of putting holes in the wall.
Create a gallery of framed photos easily. Purchase frames at the dollar store and hang them easily with Command picture hangers
- Sticky Nail Metal Hangers hold traditional frames that require more traditional types of picture hook hanging methods.
"Available in two designs, sticky nail metal hangers hold picture frames securely to walls and fit saw tooth, key hole, eyelet or wire frames. Sawtooth sticky nail metal hangers hold up to 5 pounds, and wire-backed sticky nail metal hangers hold up to 8 pounds."
- Picture Hanging Strips come in a variety of sizes to hang an array of artwork.
"Embellish your walls with framed prints, photos, plaques and crafts using picture hanging strips. Available in white and black with each set holding 1 to 4 pounds, depending on size."
- Picture Clips and Poster Strips are perfect for hanging lightweight items.
"Mount posters or secure lightweight items firmly to a variety of surfaces using poster strips. Hang photos, coupons, reminder notes and schedules on walls with picture clips."
Have a place to hang your robe, coat, bag, towel and anything else you can think of using Command hooks.
The hooks come in a variety of finishes and sizes usable to hang weight up to five pounds. The clear hooks seamlessly blend into the walls. There are hooks that come in attractive metal finishes to add beauty to the decor. Fun colors are available as well to coordinate with the room's decor.
Command is very easy to apply and remove.
- Clean the surface first with rubbing alcohol and let dry.
- Remove color label liner on tape to attach to Command product back so that tab in easily accessible on bottom for future removal.
- Then remove the black labeled liner on adhesive and attach to surface.
- Press firmly for 30 seconds and wait 1 hour before use.
- For easy removal simply hold the Command product while you pull the tab straight down. Keep pulling until it is released from the wall (Be prepared to pull the strip as much as 6 inches in order for it to liberate the hook).
These products turn hanging stuff on the walls simple and safe decorating. All of the products are easily removable; simply purchase refill strips to reuse products again. Command products are perfect for painted surfaces and cement block walls as well as other surfaces (Command does state that this product should not be used on wall paper or vinyl covering).
Watch me on my eHow video series "Back to School: Dorm Life" for more great tips on decorating and organizing the dorm room!
Have fun creating a beautiful dorm room and never be afraid to dance!
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design, Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for Examiner.com.