Finding a good agent is the key to a successful and painless real estate transaction. But the thing is how can you find a dependable agent? Well, the best agent to handle your situation may not work at a big brokerage house, make huge money or close the most real estate transactions in your area. The best real estate agent is someone who is experienced enough about the market. He is someone who will listen to you and address your problems, and also conduct himself in good manner.
Here are the ways that can help you find a real estate agent who can understand your situation and help you accordingly.
• Referrals – This is perhaps the most effective way to find an agent. Most agents stay in their business as satisfied customers refer them to their family, friends, neighbors and colleagues. Ask people around you which real estate agent they have dealt with; also ask them about their experience with those agents. Successful agents try their best to satisfy their customers. They put their clients’ requirements before their own. Choose one who can go above and beyond sheer responsibilities.
• Online agent listings – You can find a number of websites that refer agents but they don’t ensure quality. The sites offer only those agents who have paid the site owners to get enlisted. So it would be better if you Google to find real estate companies in your locality. Go to their websites and look for profiles of individual agents and find out the best real estate agent near you. You should also go through the customers’ testimonial page before making any decision.
• Open houses – You can visit open houses where you can meet agents in a soothing ambience and interact with them. Collect their business cards and make notes on them. If you’re planning to sell your home, be attentive to how the agent is showing the home. Is he polite, informative, experienced and knowledgeable? Does he hand out professional quality promotional booklet about home? Is he trying to sell different features of the house? Or is he reading a book sitting in a corner and ignoring you.
• Print advertising – Real estate agents usually run real estate ads for two key purposes. First purpose is to sell a particular property and the second is to endorse himself as a real estate agent. Check out local community newspapers for house ads in your chosen neighborhood. Then look in the sites of agents that are advertising as it could help you find out the agents who are specialists in your locality. Now call them and ask about their experience.
• Professional recommendations – This is probably the most powerful way to find a real estate agent. Whether you’re buying a home or selling one, an agent is the only person who can guide you properly throughout the process. Also a real estate agent is the best person to refer you to the right agent who can handle your situation, especially if the service you want is not the specialty of that agent who is referring you. Some real estate agents work with home builders, while other deal in residential resales. A good percentage of real estate agents specialize in investment or commercial property. You can also ask mortgage brokers for agent referrals as they have first-hand knowledge of dependable agents.
When you’re in search of the best real estate agents in your area, you can surely follow the above mentioned steps and ensure a good and hassle-free transaction.