iStart123.com comes from a big group of browser hijackers that are created to generate financial profit to their creators. The good thing about such browser hijackers as istart123.com is that they do not try to infect you with malware directly. Any kind of suspicious activity associated with istart123.com requires user’s intervention. Nevertheless, even if you do not click the hijacker’s advertisements or you stay away from its search box, it is still necessary to remove istart123.com from your browser and your computer, because the browser hijacker can collect your sensitive data behind your back that would eventually lead to serious security issues.
iStart123.com shares the same domain with Enhanced-search.com, delta-search.com, buenosearch.com and many other browser hijackers. We can clearly see that by comparing the homepage layout of each and every “search engine” – they are absolutely identical. What is more, if we were to check the information pages for, let’s say istart123.com and Ehanced-search.com, we would see that they are absolutely similar as well – info.enhanced-search.com and info.istart123.com share the same layout and the same content:
“Partnering with popular software packages” means that istart123.com can be downloaded bundled with adware, freeware and shareware applications from a number of third party websites that distribute free software. What is more, istart123.com may be also bundled with adware on random annoying pop-ups that you encounter on unreliable websites. For example, there are a lot of pop-ups that maintain your media player is outdated and thus you need to download a new codec or an upgrade that would improve your video viewing experience.
Needless to say, that you need to stay away from such scams, because istart123.com browser hijacker may be not the only unwanted and dangerous application behind it. However, if you happen to have been infected with istart123.com, you will notice that this browser hijacker changes your default homepage and search engine. There will also be an interactive flash advertisement right below the search box. Clicking on such advertisements would redirect you to such websites as flix123.com and 247filmz.com via s.m2pub.com adware server. It is quite obvious that with these redirections istart123.com tries to make you download other unwanted applications onto your computer.
What is more, istart123.com will try its best to remain on your system. This browser hijacker changes the shortcut target line which makes it impossible to remove istart123.com via traditional browser settings. Nevertheless, we provide manual removal instructions below on how to modify your target line and get rid of istart123.com for good.
Do not forget to scan the PC with antimalware scanners after manual removal, because you are bound to have other potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC, and you have to remove them as well. Do all you can to protect your PC from harm.
How to Modify Target Line
1. Hover your mouse cursor above your browser’s shortcut and right-click it.
2. Select Properties on the menu.
3. Open Shortcut tab and navigate to Target line.
4. Delete everything that is outside of the quotation marks.
5. Click OK to preserve changes.
Delete istart123.com from browser
1. Press Alt+T and go to Internet options.
2. Enter a new homepage address under General tab and click OK.
3. Press Alt+T and go to Manage add-ons.
4. Click Search providers on the left.
5. Set a new default search engine, delete istart123.com and click Close.
1. Click the search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
2. Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
3. Remove istart123.com from the list and click OK.
4. Press Alt+T and go to Options.
5. Change your homepage address under General tab and click OK.
1. Press Alt+F and click Settings.
2. Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
3. Delete istart123.com, enter a new homepage address and click OK.
4. Select Manage search engines under Search.
5. Set a new default search engine, remove istart123.com and press Done.