People with dreadlocks can create a lot of fun styles with their hair. One of styles my daughter and I have been wearing is the crinkle hairdo.
- First, wash your dreads
- Second, oil your hair
- Third, twist the roots while your hair is still wet
- Next, braid your dreadlocks into single plaits that are small
- Then, wait for your hair to dry completely. Try leaving the plaits in for one or two days (Wear a fancy wrap in the meantime to cover those plaits)
- Finally, unravel your braids and enjoy your crinkled dreadlocks
If you want your hair to be even curlier, simply curl your hair with pipe cleaners (You can find these in the arts and crafts section of Walmart).
You will follow the same steps.
- Wash and oil your dreads
- Twist the roots
- Then roll your dreads on the pipe cleaners
- Leave them in your hair until your hair is dry
When you remove the pipe cleaners, your hair will be filled with bouncy curls. Try it! And remember to just have fun with your natural hair.
Previous article: Washing your dreadlocks