About homemade dressings:
- Some sauces freeze beautifully for later use.
- Pairing homemade salad dressings up with vegetables and salads is a way to increase the amount of greens into our diets.
- This heart healthy recipe can be used for tasty dressings or marinades, dipping sauces, and glazes for other meals and healthy recipes.
- Homemade salad dressings and sauces help us avoid process /bottled items that are full of sugar or artificial, unhealthy sweeteners. Cooking healthy ensures a way to eliminate (or moderate) sugar in-take within our diets.
- Reducing sugar cravings for those battling high blood sugar and diabetes is always a concern due to the added (and hidden) sugars found in bottled dressings.
- To drizzle your favorite dressing over some fresh, organic mixed greens or chopped veggies can encourage the additional nutrients and vitamins you may be lacking in your current diet.
1 small lemon, juiced
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 T. balsamic vinegar
2 T. agave
2 t. Dijon mustard
3 T. chopped fresh basil
2 T. chopped fresh chives
½ t. sea salt
Mix all ingredients in a bowl; whisk together until smooth.
• Watch the video (included at the start of this article)for further information on homemade salad dressings and (3) additional healthy salad dressing recipes!
• Always consult your physician if you have special diet or health related issues.
For additional information and local places to shop for healthy foods, click on any of the following links:
From my home to yours, another favorite recipe - enjoyed with nutrition in mind.