As our schedules fill up with spring time activities, we want to spend less time in the kitchen.
Avoid the temptation to grab fast food by planning ahead with easy, healthy food recipes such as this Rosemary Pork and Mushrooms with Shallots recipe.
Learning how to cook easy slow cooker recipes will keep you and your family on a healthy fast track clear into summer!
Rosemary Pork and Mushrooms with Shallots
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 cup shallots, chopped
- 2 lbs. boneless pork shoulder, sliced into ½ inch slices
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 T. fresh rosemary
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the pork.
- Remove, drain, and place pork in the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients in order provided.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours / or on high for 4 hours.
Yields 3 – 6 quarts
• Remember to read your labels and watch for added / hidden sugars.
• Always consult your physician if you have special diet or health related issues.
For additional information and local places to shop for healthy foods, click on any of the following links:
From my home to yours, another favorite recipe - enjoyed with nutrition in mind.