Learning how to cook heart healthy can be as easy as having a few simple crock pot recipes on hand. Cooking in crock pots (aka slow cookers) saves time in the kitchen, leaving more time for spring activities for you and your family!
Try this delicious Lemon Roasted Chicken meal. It is one of the easiest chicken slow cooker recipes I’ve run across.
Lemon Roasted Chicken
- 3-4 lb whole chicken
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 T. butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 T. fresh parsley, rough chopped
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ t. thyme
- ¼ t. paprika
- Rinse the chicken well and pat dry
- Remove any excess fat from the chicken
- Put onion into cavity of the bird and rub chicken with butter
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker and squeeze lemon juice over it
- Sprinkle remaining seasonings over the chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours / or on high for 6 hours
Use a 4-7 quart size cooker
- For added lemon flavor, zest some of the lemon along with the juice.
- Add chicken broth for additional liquid.
- Remove some of the liquid to steam vegetables, once the chicken is fully cooked.
For additional information and local places to shop for healthy foods, click on any of the following links:
From my home to yours, another favorite recipe - enjoyed with nutrition in mind.