Learning how to cook heart healthy is easy!
Modifying your diet and preparing for meals can be made simple too. You just need a few quick crock pot recipes.
This All American Meatloaf meal is not only a heart healthy choice, but it saves you plenty of time in the kitchen.
All American Meatloaf
- 3 lbs lean ground beef / or *ground turkey
- 4 cups *bread crumbs
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 t. salt
- 2 t. black pepper
- 4 T. tomato paste
- Mix all ingredients, except tomato paste, into a large mixing bowl.
- Shape the meat mixture into a loaf.
- Place into the slow cooker.
- Top with the tomato paste.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours / or on high for 3-4 hours.
Use 4 – 6 quart size cooker
- Remember, it is important to read your labels – especially with tomato base products like ketchup or tomato paste. Look for added / hidden sugars in the ingredients list.
- Ground turkey is a great replacement for beef; remember to use *plenty of spices when using turkey burger.
- For a low-calorie, gluten free recipe, consider using a *sprouted grain bread such as Ezekiel 4:9 for the bread crumbs.
- Apple sauce may also be used as a binder, rather than bread.
From my home to yours, another favorite recipe - enjoyed with nutrition in mind.