For me, learning how to cook chilaquiles with eggs, chorizo and avocado has been an adventure in discovering the healthy benefits from avocados and the deliciousness of traditional Mexican breakfast dishes. All in one fantastic recipe!
For More Original Mexican Recipes, Read the Articles Below
About the Chilaquiles with Eggs Recipe
The World's Healthiest Foods website extols the healthy benefits of avocado. According to the site
absorption of two key carotenoid antioxidants—lycopene and beta-carotene—increases significantly when fresh avocado (or avocado oil) is added to an otherwise avocado-free salad.
Avocados also have plenty of good fats and taste great on eggs, giving me yet another reason to love this traditional Mexican breakfast recipe with eggs. Mmmm.
Aside from eggs and avocados, this Mexican chilaquiles recipe brings together chicken, Spanish chorizos and Jack and cheddar cheeses. Find out how to cook chilaquiles with eggs, chorizo and avocado recipe below.
- 8 corn tortillas, fresh, quartered (6-inch)
- Oil, for frying
- Kosher salt
- ½ c. Spanish chorizo, diced
- 1 c. prepared mole sauce
- ¼ c. water
- 1 c. chicken, skinned and shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 fresh California Avocados, diced
- ¼ c. Monterey Jack/cheddar blend, shredded
- 1 bunch thinly sliced scallions
- 1 Tbsp. white roasted sesame seeds
- 1 bunch roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 c. pico de gallo salsa
- Fry the tortillas until they become crispy. Pat them dry on a paper towel and season with salt to taste.
- Heat some oil on medium in a large sauté pan.
- Saute the chorizo piece until they are browned, and then pour in the water and mole sauce. Stir this until the chorizos become coated.
- Cook the chips and the chicken in the pan, making sure that the chips become soaked with the mole sauce.
- Scramble your eggs. Use a different pan.
- Pour the chips and chorizo mixture into a bowl and then add in the fresh avocados. Toss it together, gently.
- Serve the Mexican chilaquiles recipe on plates and top with the cheese, eggs, sesame seeds, pico, green onions and more avocado to ensure that you're getting all the healthy benefits from avocado that you can.