Next to Halloween, Valentine's Day is the best day of the year for eating candy without guilt. From pastel-colored conversation hearts that say "Be Mine" to red velvet cupcakes served up with a smile at your favorite restaurant, it's the time for indulging. Want to avoid having those calories go from your lips to your hips? Try these ways to burn off those sweet calories:
- Nine Hershey's milk chocolate kisses have 200 calories. Burn them off with doing half of this high-powered fitness DVD: "SHAPE: 400 CALORIE FAT BLAST with Summer Sanders."
- One red velvet cupcake with frosting has 400 calories (gulp). Work it off with this lively exercise DVD: "Prevention: 400 Calorie Fix Workout."
- Ten conversation hearts contain 120 calories. Go for a 30-minute walk or try using an at-home walking fitness DVD for half an hour such as "Leslie Sansone: 4 Mile Power Walk."
- Dove Dark Chocolate Valentine's Heart Promises have 210 calories. Ride an exercise bike for 25 minutes to get rid of those calories fast!
- Cherry Charms Blow Pops contain only 60 calories. Slip in your Zumba Dance Fitness DVD and samba for 10 minutes to charm away those calories. (Tip: Is regular Zumba too tricky or too expensive?? Try the new version, which is low-impact but just as effective and about half the cost, called Zumba Fitness Gold Live It Up!)