Boosting the immune system has been studied greatly and science has found studying just the body is insignificant because it is not a single entity. To function at optimal health the total entity, mind body and soul, need harmony and balance.
Vitamins, supplements, fresh air activity, probiotics, and proper diet are still the outer most factors
Psychological stress and how it is perceived and handled is another varying factor on the health of the immune system. General healthy immune strategies summarize what has been known up until now.
Aging immune system response
At either end of the lifeline the youngest and the oldest have been viewed as the having the weakest immune system response, but studies show people longevity of the lifespan makes this point invalid. As for the youngest members of the population the amount of immunity received from the mother and father is questioned depending on how well the mother took care of her self before pregnancy and after, making the infants immune system needing the most protection. Others with a weakened immune system include those already fighting illness or disease. You do not need to be fighting illness to have a weak immune system. Living in a stressful domestic household leaves it up to the immune system, to fight the stress or the germs coming in.
Can the cold make you sick
Research at Harvard University is stating if you are outdoors or sleeping in cold air that is prolonged and uncomfortable to your body, illness may be the result, it is not uncommon. The body is stressed and the mind follows suit. The cykotines, proteins of the immune system do send out more messages during this time.
Catching a cold may have been the result of literally catching the essence or the energy of the frosty air and when your body is at rest but unable to sleep fully, this cold has a place to cling and develop.
Sleep you have got to have it
Children and infants who are constantly woken up by parents to attend errands, who stay up late, rise early to go off to the baby sitter before parents go to work, and live in stressful domestic conditions, catch the most colds and flu. Adults the same thing is true for you. Rest and time for recovery is vital to the health of the organism, even a tired or exhausted mind can deplete the body.
Sleeping in a darkened room is a powerful immune system booster, free from synthetic lighting and EMF’s.
The immune system is a delicate balance
The proteins of the immune system are being studied now for variations and the reason for cancer. As far as this winter and keeping healthy, the mind and soul balance is just as important as making sure the body is receiving proper diet , nutrition, immune boosting supplements like vitamins, minerals, probiotics, and herbals, rest and fresh air activity.
How to boost the immune response of the body and soul
Life can be pretty stressful sometimes.
1. Eat energetic food.
2. Humor heals, daily dose.
3. Emotional wellbeing is important, a place and time to release emotions healthily or having your own personal sounding board, someone who cares about you and is not taking sides or invested emotionally one way or the other who can listen and provide support will boost the immune system response like night and day. Keeping a journal, exercise or sports take up a new hobby, dance learn a new instrument, or craft, take a class, volunteer- helping others is always one way to receive some of that good energy back, or a regular spa treatment or massage-this one is good for people who live alone to get some of that vital chi back, as examples of healthy release and freeing the mind, taking time and away from the continuous stress. Drugs, smoking and alcohol deplete the immune system further making up for lost fluids and vitamins, leaving the mind and soul feeling emptier. Connections, touches, hugs, conversation, someone to wash your hair or rub your shoulders, get one of the neighborhood children to take you garbage to the curb, even if you are able, pay them with small amounts of cash or bake them cookies, its a way to give and receive and pass it on.
4. Breaking the stress and anxiety cycle.
5. Prayer, meditation, love and the sacred, are the highest forms of health for the mind and soul. Take time to go on a spiritual retreat, take a vow of silence for the weekend. You are not alone.
6. Get outside and see some things of beauty and take the time to contemplate them. Seriously when was the last time you took the time to stop and smell the roses. I smell them mindfully, even when I know the flower or rose has no scent, and enjoy the fresh aroma and essence that is. People around me or with me at the time make think there is no need to smell a flower with no scent, but oh yes there is. Go to the museum or a beautiful place in nature.
7. Find your passion. What were those old dreams you once had. Reach down in there and find them again and add water and soul, and bring one to life.
8. Root for the home team. Support a group or a team.
9. Forgiveness. Practice not taking it personally.
10. Be great-full and surrender to the ordinary. Simplify your life.
To get the latest updates from Atlanta Holistic Health Examiner Tina Ranieri ‘click’ the subscribe button above. To view her body of articles ‘click’ Tina Ranieri, National Holistic Health Examiner, or Atlanta Fishing Examiner.