If you want to really make an impact on your next special evening with a spouse or special someone, surprise your beloved with a love quote that you have memorized and say while looking right in their eyes. There's not many things that are more romantic than that. Practice well, and prepare for a swoon, a hug and a kiss.
Here are some to get you started, from some of the world's finest poets and lovers:
- "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland
- "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." - A. A. Milne
- "The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough." - George Edward Moore
- "If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand." - Unknown
- "I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." - Hermann Hesse
- "Remember tonight, for it is the beginning of always." - Dante Alighieri
- "Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other."
- Rainer Maria Rilke
- "With the earth and the sky and the water, remade, like a casket of gold/For my dreams of your image that blossoms a rose in the deeps of my heart." - William Butler Yeats
- "i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling i fear." - e.e. cummings
- "Whenever Beauty looks, Love is also there; Whenever beauty shows a rosy cheek Love lights Her fire from that flame. When beauty dwells in the dark folds of night Love comes and finds a heart entangled in tresses. Beauty and Love are as body and soul. Beauty is the mine, Love is the diamond." - Rumi
And of course, there's always Shakespeare - check out my article on Will's love quotes.
Please share some of your favorites, and let us know how it went!