What is a YouTube Star exactly? It can only be described as a character or personality that has gained popularity through the posting of video on their YouTube channel. It can also be described as a cross culture phenomenon a la Psy of Oppa Gangnam Style fame. Or you could describe it as gross eaters like the Epic Meal Time guys. Whatever you want to call it, they are here to stay and gather up as many views as possible so here are the ways you can get started on your journey into the abyss called being a YouTube Star.
1. Have the necessary equipment. That means the basics like a camera, a computer and an internet connection for the uploading. This can all be found at a Best Buy or Walmart. You can also go the extra mile and have mics, a production crew, a green screen or whatever floats your filmmaking boat. Also, you need something to film so brainstorm so great ideas and find some people who aren't camera shy (it could be yourself and a camera too).
2. Be interesting. Just because you can film yourself juggling 10 balls at the same time does not mean people on the internet will want to see you do that. Only I will and I do say that sparingly. Be creative in how you present yourself and people will come flocking your videos in no time. In today's world, there are many similar ideas but some many more different ways to explain and interpret these ideas. So goes for making videos. You could film someone doing a kickflip from a grind off a handrail (skateboard lingo) or you could be the one with the camera doing that dangerous stuff. Its all about perspective and getting the viewer's eyes on your video.
3. Get recognized. Hire a marketing major to intern for you and spam the crap out of the share box on your channel. You need to get noticed and you need to get views. Spread your videos to all the different social networks and update at a pace that gets people interested and watching your older videos. If the video is interesting enough, it will get views regardless but to start a wildfire on the internet, you have to market your product and start gaining popularity.
4. Get contacted by YouTube for a partnership. This is the first sign that things are actually going well and you are on the right path to YouTube Stardom. Keep doing what you have been doing (which is making the interesting videos) and do not slow down because viewers love updates.
5. Be in other YouTube Stars' videos. This is it. You have just graduated from YouTube Academy and now have a job at YouTube Inc. and you will join a clan of people for have millions of fans and they will be wondering who you are and you will likely become the next cultural phenomenon that will get a billion views on YouTube. Maybe. Enjoy the internet fame, you newly inaugurated Y-list Star.