Deep inside, there's this persistent dream. It beckons to be be realized and yet still is is merely a shadow in the mind. At first, it was a thrill to think of this dream. It was the reason for getting up in the morning and staying up all night. As time passes, this passion dims, not because this dream is any less desired, but rather because other influences has interfered with the dream. Self do creeps in and those dreams seem more like wishful thinking, even often becoming a bane instead.
The good news: it's never too late to go after that dream and reawaken that fire within.Yes, you can achieve any dream, no matter how that dream has been lingering.
For most of my life, I had a burning desire to publish a book. Like many, I got sidetracked. I had a family. I didn't have the confidence in my writings to share them with others. I also didn't believe I could do it.
The absurd reality is that anybody could get published today. It only takes a desire to do so and a little research on the best way to do this and then do it!
How did I overcome all of my inhibitions, doubts, and fears to accomplish this dream?
- I made a decision that I was going to publish a book.
- I spend constant time working on overcoming all of my personal hang ups around doing this. I'm always saying that I'm a work in progress. Anytime I'm not accomplishing a goal or dream, then I know there is still work to be done.
- I read books. I love reading. It inspires the imagination and I learn a few things along the way.
- I listen to others that have already achieved success in whatever they set out to do. This has built my confidence over the years that it can be done.
- I do the research. What does it take? How much does it cost? How have other people done it?
- I hang out with others that believe in me, even when I'm not quite believing in myself. We all have rough days, having great friends that can lift you up is priceless.
- I build up on successes by taking smaller successes first. I started writing these articles almost 5 years ago. I did a radio interview. I build up my confidence daily.
- Although it may not be perfect, I just do it. I submitted my book for publishing and it is now live through Kindle.
I encourage everyone to read this quick book, The Angel That Learned to Fly. This whimsical story tells of an angel who just earned her wings and now has to figure out how to use them. Appropriate for all ages, it is the evidence of success in pursuing a dream. Again, it is live now on Kindle and can be ordered through Amazon.com