Okay procrastinators, here is the list you will need to finish off your holiday shopping for Christmas 2013. With six fewer days in the shopping season this year versus last year the list shows many stores making up hours by staying open later in the evening than in past years.
Here is the list of hours known at the time of publication:
- Best Buy will be open from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- Kmart will be open from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m.
- The hours at Macy’s vary by store. Macy’s at the Somerset Collection and Northland Mall will be 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. but the Macy’s at Lakeside Mall and Oakland Mall will be open 24-hours prior to Christmas Eve going until 6 p.m. in the evening of Christmas Eve. For other metro Detroit stores check out the Macy’s holiday hour website.
- Nordstrom will open Christmas Eve from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Target opens at 7 a.m. on Christmas Eve and will close at 9 p.m. or 10 p.m. depending on location. Yu can check specific locations at the Target website.
- Toys R Us will be open around the clock prior to Christmas Eve, closing at 10 p.m. on December 24.
- All 24-hour Walgreens locations will remain 24-hour stores throughout the holidays. These stores are located near hospitals and provide important medications to their customers. All other Walgreens will close at midnight.
This list was composed using press releases and through online investigation. Note that some retailers have yet to publish their hours for the week of Christmas so they are not listed here.
Books that will save you money
- “The Money Saving Mom's Budget”: Slash your spending, pay down your debt, streamline your life, and save thousands a year.
- “How to Save More Money”: 349 tips to help you keep your hard-earned cash.
- “How to Be Frugal”: New ways to view money and 100 tips reduce your expenses.
Additional money-saving resources for you