"How I Met Your Mother" will not air an all-new episode tonight, but fans are still being teased about the end of the series. On Feb. 8, Carter Bays went on his Twitter, and he revealed that the script for the series finale was complete. Craig Thomas finished writing it. Bays said the following on his Twitter:
Just read a beautiful script by my favorite writer. His name is @HimymCraig and it's the #HIMYM finale and I can't deal with this right now.
Carter Bays had went to his Twitter the day before, and he shared a snippet from the beginning of the finale script that he wrote back in 2006. One of the scenes for the finale was filmed back when the series began.
The finale for this series is titled "Last Forever." It will air on March 31 on CBS, and it is a special one hour episode. The writers for the series put off writing the finale script, but it has now been completed. The cast will soon go into production for this episode.
Production has already started on the second-to-last episode for this series. An exact production start date for the finale has not yet been set, but Craig Thomas and Carter Bays have kept their fans updated on what is happening this season, so word should come from them when that begins.
What do you think? Are you excited for the end of this CBS comedy? "How I Met Your Mother" will return to CBS on Feb. 24.
For more on this series, check out:
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Work begins on series finale episode
- 'How I Met Your Mother' episode 200 clips: Time to see The Mother
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Craig Thomas teases finale time jump
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Robin and The Mother's meeting teased
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Carter Bays makes a finale request via Twitter
- 'How I Met Your Mother': New set photo and teasers for episode 200