Are you willing hop a plane and fly to Arizona or take the five-hour drive from Los Angeles to attend an amazing wine pairing dinner at the ultra-lush Arizona Biltmore? If so this is for you and your LA Travel Diva Examiner approves this message whole heartedly.
The hotel is catering ten epicurean evenings of creative cooking with top wines, after dinner drinks and cigars. Each multi-course meal, prepared by executive chef Godon Maybury and chef de cuisine Byran Gorton will be paired with high end wines by noted vintners. The feast will be served in the resort’s iconic Wright’s at the Biltmore.
“We will be working very closely with each evening’s featured vintner to create an edgy and exciting menu of four-to-five courses with ingredients, tastes and textures that will be perfectly paired with the wines being poured,” said Chef Maybury
The Winemaker Dinners will feature the following wineries:
- September 12, 2013: Twomey-Silver Oak Cellars, Napa Valley, Russian River and Alexander Valley, California
- October 3, 2013: ZD Wines, Napa Valley
- November 7, 2013: Ruffino, Tuscany, Italy
- December 5, 2013: Domaine Carneros Winery by Taittinger, Napa Valley
- January 9, 2014: Rombauer Vineyards, Napa Valley
- February 6, 2014: Cakebread Cellars, Napa Valley
- February 20, 2014: Joseph Drouhin, Burgundy, France
- March 6, 2014: Heitz Cellars, Napa Valley
- April 3, 2014: Robert Mondavi Winery, Napa Valley
- May 1, 2014: St. Francis Winery, Sonoma Valley, California
Dinner is served after a 7 p.m. reception and costs $95 a person. You can buy a season pass for $855 a pop. For reservations call please call 602-381-7632. Of course, unless you live in Arizona or are going to be there already, you’ll probably want to book a room at the Biltmore while you’re at it.