We at Paragon believe in the veracity of numbers, but also in the value of humor. In that vein, we present an only-half-serious look at San Francisco’s rankings by a number of both objective and subjective criteria, according to a wide – and not necessarily 100 percent reliable – variety of sources.
The majority of these rankings were made within the last 2 to 3 years. Generally speaking, they are against other major U.S. cities or greater metro areas.
San Francisco is ranked …
· America’s best city (Bloomberg Businessweek)
· The second best metro in the country for resident “well-being” (Gallup/Healthways survey)
· America’s most pretentious city (Travel + Leisure reader survey)
· Last in children per capita (U.S. Census)
· Fifth best city for dogs (PawNation)
· Last in lawyers per capita by metro area (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
· First in homeless residents per capita (Philanthropedia)
· Third worst metro area commute (Texas A&M Transportation Institute)
Want more rankings? Check them out here.
Dreaming of San Francisco? Cece Blase offers local advice to San Francisco buyers, sellers and owners-- and feeds the dreams of those who wish they could live in Tony Bennett's 'City by the Bay.' Call 415-577-0809 or email email@example.com. www.ceceblase.com