Intro: Are you asking yourself, "how do you make chili quickly?" as you stand in front of your cupboard? This recipe for homemade chili is as quick as it is easy, allowing to make dinner in 30 minutes or less.
- Want Another Recipe for Homemade Chili or Something Like It? Try These Recipes
- Winter dinner ideas: White bean and chicken chili recipe
- Dutch oven chili recipes for camping and other outdoor events
- Enchilada soup made with turkey and veggies
- Enchilada soup: An easy, but hearty winter soup with chicken, cheese, and rice
In Which She Answers, "How Do I Make Chili Quickly?"
Easy recipes for chili to me mean that the ingredients don't require a lot of prep time, and this is a good chili recipe for that. It has enough tasty ingredients that it'll remind you of an old-fashioned chili recipe, but without the hassle.
Although it has 16 ingredients, about half of them are spices, which is what gives this chili soup recipe so much flavor. Many of the things you'll put into this are already pre-made to a certain extent. It's your TLC that makes them into a good chili recipe!
Quick Recipe for Homemade Chili
- 1 3 1/2-oz bag of long grain rice (the boil in the bag kind)
- 1Tbsp Veggie oil
- 1 c. onions, chopped
- 3/4 c. green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans
- 1 14 1/2-oz can of stewed tomatoes, you want the Mexi kind with spices and jalapeños (don't drain them)
- 1 5 1/2-oz can tomato juice
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Rinse the beans and then drain them.
- Prepare the rice, according to the instructions on the bag. Don't add extra fat or salt, however, since you'll be adding it later.
- Take out a frying pan and heat up your oil. Turn the heat to medium-high. Make sure it's a deep skillet or frying pan.
- Drop in the burger, the bell pepper and the onions and allow to cook for several minutes. (3 should do it.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese. Allow the recipe for homemade chili to come to a boil.
- Put the lid on the chili and let it cook for 10 minutes on reduced heat.
- Serve up the rice in soup bowls.
- Ladle the soup onto the rice.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and garnish with avocados if you have them.
- Jack cheese gives it extra spice.
- Add 1/2 cup of black olives or black beans for extra flavor and color.