Summer days are long and hot and this can be a dangerous combination if you are a parent of children and you do not have a plan!
For a stress-free summer that you and your children will enjoy that wont break the bank, check out some of these ideas. The activities below are things you can integrate into your summer plans, to help you create a memorable experience even if you never leave the state!
• Kids Bowl Free - www.kidsbowlfree.com – This program allows you to choose your local AMF bowling center and enroll your children to receive 2 free days of bowling every day all summer long - the program is FREE for kids! For $25, you can add up to four adults to the package by upgrading to a family pass. This program also makes you eligible to receive updates on specials all year long.
• First Tee - www.thefirstteebaltimore.org - Learn the sport of business! Children 6 and over can participate in a 1.5 hour Golf and character training session with a golf instructor. First Tee registration is free and they have sessions in the Spring and Summer. First Tee courses are located at Clifton and Forest Park Golf Courses.
• Family Film Festival - http://www.regmovies.com/nowshowing/familyfilmfestival.aspx - Regal Cinemas sponsor free movies on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10am. This is a great opportunity to have the movie experience without the movie bill. Visit the site for participating theaters and showings.
• $1 Summer Movie Camp - http://www.amcentertainment.com/smc/ - AMC theatres sponsor a $1 movie camp during the summer. For more information on the participating theatres and showings visit their site.
• Tour Your Own City - http://baltimore.org/harborpass - Be a tourist in your own city with the Harbor Pass. This pass allows you to visit the Maryland Science Center, National Aquarium, Sports Legends Museum, Top of the World Observation Level and American Visionary Art Museum or Port Discovery Children’s Museum. Advanced ticket purchases are $35.70 for children and $49.95 for adults. NOTE: Tickets must be used in a four-day period from activation.
• Be Pirates for a Day! - http://www.chesapeakepirates.com/ The Pirate Adventures on the Chesapeake will give you and the family a great unique and interactive experience – complete with dress-up and face painting! Ticket price is $18 per person and for children is $10 for children under 3.
• Make Memories – For an experience where you and the kids can make a tangible memory of your summer together , consider a pottery-making class - http://www.kidsnclay.com/ or http://www.amazingglaze.net/ host children.
• A night at the movies – For many families, it doesn’t matter what the movie is - the experience is worth the cost. The nostalgic drive thru movie - http://www.bengies.com/
Enjoy your summer!
Like this article? E-Mail Me. Feel free to add more tips in our comments below.