Vinegar is a good cleaning agent. Here are a few things vinegar can do just as well as anything that can be bought in a store. These tips will save money and get the job done without any additives or chemicals that would be in other cleaning products.
1. Pour two cups of white vinegar in the dishwasher. It will boost the detergents cleaning power. Wash dishes on full cycle.
2. Make a mixture of half vinegar and half warm water to clean windows without leaving streaks.
3. Pour two cups of vinegar in the toilet bowl and let it soak for three to four hours. Scrub the toilet with a brush to clean and deodorize.
4. Soak pots and planters in white vinegar for six to eight hours to remove rim deposits. Rinse thoroughly.
5. Remove corrosion from faucets and shower heads by saturating a towel with vinegar and wrapping it around corroded area. Let it soak for one to two hours or as needed and wipe clean. Be sure to use a cleaning towel because vinegar has bleaching power.