Hot Pockets has issued a voluntary recall from the Nestle stating that their Philly Steak and Cheese as well as their Croissant Crust Philly Steak and Cheese products are deemed unfit for human consumption for certain batch numbers and best before dates.
There is literally over 8.7 million pounds of beef products that are being recalled. The meats used according to NY Daily News in a report updating the recall information on Feb. 19 states that the beef used was from diseased and unhealthy animals and were processed without having a full inspection. The USDA agrees that the products are in fact unfit for human consumption.
The Rancho Feeding Corporation is a California meat production facility that makes Hot Pockets for Nestle and did use a small amount of this meat without issuing the required inspections. Currently no illnesses have been reported and all the products in question are being recalled as a public health safety measure.
Hot Pocket recall product list:
Hot Pocket Philly Steak & Cheese - 9 ounce - UPC4369507107
- 3021544512 Best used before March 2014
- 3029544512 Best used before March 2014
- 3197544512 Best used before September 2014
- 3240544512 Best used before October 2014
Hot Pocket Croissant Crust Philly Steak & Cheese - 9 ounce - UPC 4369505634
- 3211544512 Best used before September 2014
- 3248544512 Best used before November 2014
- 3283544512 Best used before December 2014
Hot Pocket Philly Steak & Cheese - 54 ounce - UPC 4369507520
- 3022544513 Best used before March 2014
- 3191544512 Best used before September 2014
- 3224544512 Best used before October 2014
- 3254544512 Best used before November 2014
- 3268544512 Best used before November 2014
Stores are being alerted of this voluntary recall and to remove these products from their shelves. Consumers who have already purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant/Martin’s for a full refund. For additional information on the recall call Nestle at 800-392-4057 or Giant/Martin’s Customer Service at 888-814-4268.
Public safety and healthy food consumption alerts do protect consumers!
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another news or health story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Healthy Living Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: