During this cold Winter and under blizzard conditions, keep your hands nice and cozy and nails neat and manicured to preserve them for brighter and warmer days this upcoming Spring. Try these simple steps at home before you make your next appointment at the nail salon.
- Grab your favorite hand lotion and a small glass bowl.
- Place 1 oz of lotion in the bowl and heat in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
- Apply warm lotion to hands and massage for 1-2 minutes, pay close attention to cuticle areas giving each finger individual attention.
- Remove traces of lotion from your nail plate with polish remover and a cotton ball.
- Apply a base coat to maximize the adhesion of your nail lacquer.
- Apply two coats of nail lacquer.
- Apply a top coat.
Treating your hands and nails well during the Winter months will give you great rewards during the Spring and Summer. When you venture out and brave the cold days ahead, always remember to wear gloves to keep your hands warm and to protect them against cold and wind. Also, carry in your purse or tote hand sanitizer to fight germs and to stay healthy and hand cream to keep skin soft and smooth. Remember these hot tips for an at home pedicure too.