Have you heard the news? When it comes to special holidays, September 28 is one of the best days of the year and Americans are ready to celebrate!
According to a Study Breaks article published on Sept. 25,2013, National Drink Beer Day is on Sept. 28, 2013. Whether you call it National Drink Beer Day, Drink Beer Day and/or Drink a Beer Day, this annual holiday is dedicated to beer lovers across the nation.
Whether you consider yourself a novice, connoisseur, weekend warrior or somewhere in between, nothing quite hits the spot like an ice-cold brew after a long day! In fact, folks have been enjoying beer for thousands of years. Not only did prehistoric nomads make beer before learning to make bread, some believe beer was on Noah’s Ark!
Today, this popular drink is available in a slew of flavors and varieties and is the third most consumed beverage in the world. According to a recent survey conducted by the Beer Institute, folks in North Dakota actually consume the most beer in the country - 45.8 gallons of beer per capita annually with New Hampshire and Montana rounding out the top three spots.
Beer not only tastes great, but some experts believe consuming one beer a day may actually lower your risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis and kidney stones. But like most things in life, moderation is key. It's also important to remember that alcohol affects people differently.
In honor of this refreshing occasion, some businesses, pubs and bars are offering special deals on your favorite brews. Get ready to raise your glass, America. It's time to cheer a great tasting beer!
National Drink Beer Day 2013 Deals & Events
- The 675 Bar will be celebrating National Drink Beer Day in a great big way by hosting a FREE Craft Beer Tasting event from 6 - 8:00 p.m.
- The Boiler House will also be celebrating National Drink Beer Day this year! Stop by for a delicious five-course dinner and custom beer pairings from the Ranger Creek Brewery. The Texas ranch-style menu includes Beer Brined Duck Pastrami, Pickled Big Eye Tuna, La Bestia Braised Pork Belly, Sweet Bread and Spinach Stuffed Texas Quail and Dark Chocolate and Dried Chili Flourless Cake.
- Learn how beer and bourbon is produced and get a souvenir glass and a few refreshing samples during at the Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling on Sept. 28, 2013. Check the website for details.
- The Bridge Bar Chicago will also be raising a pint or two in honor of the annual holiday. Enjoy a $3 Draft or a Macro Can for just $1.
- Hilton Head Burgers & Brew Festival - If you're in the mood for a great burger, beer and great music, head on over to the Hilton Head Burgers & Brew Festival on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013. Area burger joints will be servin' up the burgers while sample craft beers from various breweries will also be on hand.
- Bills Bar & Burger will be serving up $7 Seasonal Craft Beer Flights in honor of the annual event.
- Wild Willow Farm 5K & Chili Brew Fest - If you're in the mood for delicious food, live music, a tasty chili cook-off and beer tasting, look no further! The 2nd Annual Wild Willow Farm 5K & Chili Brew Fest, which also includes a 5K run/walk, kicks off at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013.
- Beer Club Package - The Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, will be offering a heckuva deal in honor of National Drink Beer Day. Get a Brewster's souvenir beer glass, mini-fridge in your hotel room stocked with your choice of beer and a nightly beer turndown service which includes one craft beer per night. Rates begin at $159 per night, based on double occupancy. Use promo code "BEERCLUB" when booking online. Visit the website for more information.
Bottoms up, America! It's time to get "hoppy." As always - please drink responsibly. Sept. 28 is also Hug a Vegetarian Day and National Ask a Stupid Question Day. And speaking of FREE beverages, Sunday is National Coffee Day which means FREE coffee across the USA!