Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Hope Solo out of jail, pleads not guilty to domestic violence charges

Hope Solo, 32-year-old pro soccer goalkeeper and two-time Olympic gold medalist, pleaded not guilty in Kirkland Municipal Court on June 23 after being arrested and charged Saturday with two counts of fourth-degree domestic violence assault. Solo was released on her own recognizance.

The soccer goalie’s lawyer plans to prove that Solo was the victim in the altercation.

Although prosecutors wanted her bail set at $5,000, she was released without having to pay any bail. “She was ordered not to have contact with the alleged victims and to not drink alcohol,” according to USA Today.

Solo, current goalkeeper for the Seattle Reign and also known for her 2011 stint as a contestant on TV’s “Dancing with the Stars,” was arrested in the early morning hours of June 21 following a family altercation at her sister’s home in Kirkland, Wash. Police say that she was the aggressor in an argument with her sister and 17-year-old nephew. At the time of her arrest, the cops said there was an out of control party going at the residence, and that Solo “appeared intoxicated and upset,” according to The Seattle Times. Police also said they could see visible injuries apparent on Solo’s sister and Solo’s 17-year-old nephew.

And although Solo was the one arrested and charged, her lawyer said that the soccer goalkeeper is the victim in this incident. Solo’s husband, former Seattle Seahawks' tight end Jerramy Stevens, was also in court today to support his wife, but had no comment for reporters, according to KIRO TV News in Seattle. In a statement released on the day of her arrest, Solo’s lawyer wrote, “Hope is not guilty of any crime."

"In fact, our investigation reveals that Hope was assaulted and injured during this unfortunate incident. We look forward to the opportunity to present the true facts in court and to having this matter behind Hope very soon."

The last time we heard about Solo being involved in a domestic violence incident, she was on the receiving end of the alleged abuse from now husband Jerramy Stevens. In 2012, Stevens was arrested on suspicion of assaulting Solo, on the day before the two were to be married. The judge in that case released Stephens, citing lack of evidence in the assault.

Solo and Stevens were married only a few hours after he was released from custody. Solo is scheduled to be back in court on Aug. 11 to face her two counts of domestic violence charges. For more on the story, see the video accompanying this article.

Report this ad