Many unemployed baby boomers feel they must find a new job in the same career path as their prior job. We see many fields that were once large American businesses have now dwindled so there is no longer openings. For example, the automotive industry was once a bastion for American jobs but through automation and efficiencies these jobs no longer exist.
There is hope when you look at prior successes. One of the greatest examples is a gentleman named Ray Croc.
Surprisingly, Croc was over 50 years of age when he bought his first restaurant from the McDonald brothers in California.
In an interesting philosophy on life.
“Are you green and growing or ripe and rotting?” he once asked.
Croc saw life is a series of personal challenges. His words tell us his commitment to lifelong education and taking on new adventures. When developing the McDonald’s chain it was a new experience for him. Although he was a businessperson and knew how to grow a business he had never ventured into the fast food business. But he was able to use his knowledge and experience to develop the most successful restaurant chain in the history of the world.
So, baby boomers, as you go through those endless job postings look through paradigm of some element of your past position and how you would like to take on a new challenge that utilizes what you learned and experienced in that small portion of your last job.
This is another installment of a series of motivational quotes presented by getmaximpact.com as a tool for building the success of today’s business professionals. It is copyrighted by getmaximpact.com and used with their permission.
Learn more about today’s generations:
- Builders / traditionalists, also known as the greatest generation, born before 1944
- Baby boomers, sometimes relabeled the sandwich generation, born between 1943 and 1964
- Generation X, born between 1961 and 1980
- Generation Y, sometimes referred to as the millennial generation, born between 1977 and 2000
- Millennials, sometimes referred to as generation Z, born after 1998
- “Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace”
- “Because I Said So! ”: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids.
- “When Generations Collide”: Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work.
- More books about generations.
- For viewing: Thousands of vintage old television program and classic movies at Amazon Prime. Get a free trail.