This is a wonderful party potluck cookies for any festive season or for the upcoming Valentine's Day. The chocolate blends so well with the toasted almonds. For a plus, this recipe is sweetened with honey instead of sugar! What is Almond London Cookie exactly? It is a brittle bite size cookie wrapped around a toasted almond and drenched generously with dark chocolate.
Make them for someone you love and make their day.
makes 40 -50 cookies
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup honey
1 cup flour
1/2 egg yolk
1/2 cup good dark chocolate ( I used Trader Joe's)
1 cup almonds
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven at 350F
2. Spread the almonds on a small baking pan and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let the almonds cool.
3. Sift the plain flour into a bowl and set aside.
4. Cream butter and honey at medium speed using a hand mixer until it turns light yellow (about 20-25 minutes).
5. Add egg yolk to the mixture and mix for another 5 minutes.
6. Mix in the flour part by part until well combined.
7. Form a marble size dough and flattened it. Place the almond on the dough and wrapped the almond with the dough. Repeat this step until all the almonds are wrapped with the dough.
8. Bake the cookies at 325F for 25 minutes until slightly golden brown. Let it cool.
9. Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or microwave.
10. Dip the cookie into the chocolate with a pair of chopsticks and make sure that the cookie is coated well.
11. Place the cookie into a small paper cup. Repeat the coating step until all cookies are well coated.
12. Top the cookies with chopped almonds or white chocolate drizzle.