If pork chops are on the menu for the next day give your busy day a head start by preparing the coating the night before. This will save time and dinner can get started earlier. This is a great idea to get into the habit of doing since no one knows if you’ll have to stay late at work or get stuck in traffic on the way home.
- ½ cup of flour
- 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon of sage
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Measure out each ingredient and place it into a large re-sealable plastic bag.
- Once all the ingredients are in the bag, shake it up to mix thoroughly.
- Leave the plastic bag with the pork chop coating on the counter so it will be ready when you are the next evening.
- The following day when you are ready to start dinner add oil to a large frying pan.
- While the oil is heating up start coating the pork chops with the shake and bake coating.
- Shake up the bag once again before adding the pork chops.
- Add one pork chop at a time to the bag. Re-seal the bag and shake up the pork chop until it is completely coated.
- Remove the coated pork chop and set aside on a plate or if the oil is hot enough just place it in the frying pan.
- Cook the pork chops on one side until the coating is golden brown before flipping to the other side.
- Then when the underside is golden in color flip it over once again.
- Cook the pork chops until both sides are a deeper brown color.
- Remove pork chops from the frying pan and place on a paper towel lined dish to soak up the excess oil.
- Transfer your homemade shake and bake coated pork chops to a platter and serve while hot.
- Mash potatoes are always a great side dish to have with your homemade shake and bake coated pork chops.
- Pick a vegetable that your family enjoys to make a rounded dinner for them.
- A small bowl of applesauce on the side is a refreshing accompaniment when serving pork chops.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.