Sometimes you feel like a nut, and other times you feel like more. This homemade pecan cookie recipe has all the nuts to you could want in a cookie. These cookies are made from scratch with a buttery, almond and of course pecan taste that will melt in your mouth every time.
- 1 cup of butter (2 sticks)
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup of halved pecans
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the flour in slowly and mix well.
- Fold in the chopped pecans gently.
Cookie Dough Preparation:
- Divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Roll each dough section into a log shape about 10 inches long and 1 ½ to 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap each log in saran wrap and place in refrigerator overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Remove one log from the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- Slice the cookie dough into circles ¼ - 1/3 inch thick. (If the bottom of the log starts to flatten out as you are cutting the dough turn the log so you can continue slicing the dough into round shapes.
- Place cookies on parchment paper, Silpats or a very lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Keep cookies at least 2 inches apart.
- Place a half a pecan in the center of each cookie.
- Put cookie sheet in center of oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the top edges of the Pecan Sandie Cookies look lightly golden brown. (The cookie tops will be slightly soft when you remove the pan from the oven.)
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for an additional 5-6 minutes before removing and transferring them to a cooling rack. (Use caution with the spatula; these cookies are soft and will compress if not lifted up properly.)
- Once cooled, they are ready to eat.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.