Mouthwash is a great invention. There are many different types on the market that can help prevent tooth decay, gingivitis as well as freshen bad breath. There are many ingredients that were put together to create the store brands which is wonderful when you brush your teeth in the morning and evening.
Now if you are a person who has a dry mouth and just needs a little freshening up and don’t want to add the added fluoride and chemicals that are in the store brand bottles throughout the day you can feel at ease and make a bottle at home.
Homemade mouthwash is easy to make and works wonderfully for freshening breath throughout the day.
- 1 teaspoon ov vegetable glycerin
- 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel
- 10 drops of flavored essential oil (wintergreen, spearmint or peppermint)
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Mix all the ingredients together in a clean sealable jar or use one of the glass mouthwash bottles that are empty after it is washed out.
- Add a drop of food coloring to the mix if one person in the house prefers one flavor over another so they’ll know which bottle to reach for when they feel the need to rinse.
Fresh breath doesn’t have to cost a lot!
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another news, household tip or crafty story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Home and Living Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: