Hot fudge sauce is so easy to make and give, it only takes a few ingredients and a few minutes. There are plenty of variations and ways to use it too!
Hot fudge sauce
1/2 cup butter
1 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Combine all sauce ingredients in 2-quart nonstick saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until butter and chips are melted and sauce is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Place in canning jars or pretty airtight containers for gifts.
- Store refrigerated.
- Reheat as needed.
Pour this rich fudge sauce over ice cream, use as a filling in cake or as a fondue with favorite dippers, such as strawberries, bananas or angel food cake pieces and dipping them into warm hot fudge sauce.
Stir 1 tablespoon of any tasty fudge sauce variation into your coffee.
Create the tastiest hot chocolate, just by stirring in 3 tablespoons of fudge sauce into a cup of warm milk.
- Orange: 1 teaspoon orange extract.
- Spice: Stir in 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice.
- Raspberry Jalapeño: Stir in 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam and 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh jalapeño pepper.