Homemade chocolate sauce for ice cream ranks right up there with homemade ice cream. And since we have a few more lazy days of summer, I thought I'd try out some recipes for both...Just to say that I didn't let the days of summer pass me by without having some naughty treat.
The Alton Brown chocolate ice cream recipe was a no-brainer choice for me. (He's over at the Food Network, lucky guy!) The recipe is easy and fun to make. And the recipe that I like the best for an easy homemade chocolate sauce is right here.
As for adding some delectable raspberry flavoring to your vanilla or chocolate ice cream, my recipe for that is down below.
- Salted caramel chocolate chip macaroon cookies + recipe for salted caramel
- Chocolate chip zucchini bread from scratch
- Brownie pizza recipe: Easy recipes from a box
- Chocolate cereal bar recipe with M&Ms for kids
Easy Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 gal frozen yogurt or ice cream
- 12 oz. frozen raspberries -- about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. sugar
- Combine the cornstarch, lemon juice, raspberries and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring this mixture to a boil. Do this on medium heat.
- Cook the easy raspberry sauce recipe until the berries have broken down. This takes about five minutes.
- Take from the burner and let cool.
- Garnish the alton brown chocolate ice cream recipe with mint, fresh raspberries, chocolate chips and other yummies!
- To serve, dig three scoops of ice cream out of your ice cream bin and place in a dish. Top this with your favorite toppings. Try a homemade caramel sauce, too!
- The raspberry sauce recipe makes enough for six people.