Brass is one of those materials that can get dull and tarnished. Instead of purchasing expensive brass cleaners with lots of chemicals make you own with items already in your home.
Military metals, some faucets, cabinet hardware, belt buckles, candle stick holders, lamps and even copper cookware will shine after using this homemade version brass cleaner.
- ½ cup of flour
- ½ cup of salt
- ½ cup of powdered laundry detergent
- ¾ cup of white vinegar
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ½ cup of hot tap water
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the salt, flour and detergent.
- Then one at a time add the remaining ingredients to the dry mixture.
- Blend together the ingredients until it forms a creamy paste.
- Then using a clean soft cloth dip an end of the cloth into the homemade brass cleaner and apply it to the item to be cleaned.
- Rub the item gently making sure you get all the nooks and crannies and intricately decorated areas.
- Buff the item with another clean soft cloth until the entire brass cleaner residue is removed.
- Store any left-over cleanser in an air-tight jar for the next cleaning day.
Enjoy the shine, sparkle and gleam of all your brass wares with this frugal recipe that will save you money, never having to shop for brass cleaner again!
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another news, household tip or crafty story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Home and Living Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: