Update 8/10/14: Candy has been adopted and Belini has moved to a foster home to recover from her illness.
Update 8/7/14: Shortly after the publication of this article, the facility announced that Belini has become ill (upper respiratory) and has been moved to the sick ward. Her close friend is also expected to become sick soon. The pups both need to be rescued as soon as possible.
On Friday, two homeless puppies, impounded at the Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control facility in West Palm Beach, Fla., were brought to the attention of animal welfare advocates.
The Facebook page, Urgent Dogs - Palm Beach County, wrote the following words about the adorable new friends:
Bonded young pair cling to each other at the shelter.
Belini - A1741728 (9 months old) and Candy - A1742428 (7 months old) are just starting their lives. At under a year, they are each puppies and have so much ahead of them. But right now their world seems scary and if they do not find homes soon, it could end. So what are they to do with so much unknown information about their future? They snuggle real close and try and get through this together.
Dogs get paired up together constantly at shelters all over the country but few get as close as these two have. Please share them for a forever home. Who knows, maybe if the right person sees their picture, they'll want to take them both.
The sweet girls, who have learned to take comfort from one another in their animal control kennel, are in need of new homes - ideally, they could secure a loving home together and continue the friendship they have started.
Please take a moment to network on behalf of these beautiful young dogs.
- Petfinder link for Belini here
- Belini's identification number A1741728
- Belina is listed as a nine-month-old Labrador retriever mix
- Animal control link for Candy here
- Candy's identification number A1742428
- Candy is listed as a seven-month-old pit bull/unaltered, 34-pounds
- Animal control address: 7100 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, FL 33411
- Facebook thread here
- The dogs are reported to be dog friendly
- Please direct ALL inquiries about these dogs to the facility
- Main phone: (561) 233-1200
If you would like to continue receiving the latest dog-related news, tips and advice, please click the word "Subscribe," near the top of the article. Follow along on Facebook and Twitter for more stories and updates.