Well, the weather outside is frightful….
The Mid-Atlantic is experiencing heavy winter weather…just in time for Christmas!
Driving to the gym will be a struggle as the roads are still a mess. Icy conditions will plague the area for the next few days. Heading outdoors for your usual workout routine can throw you for a loop. A run in the snow is definitely a way to step up your training, but it may be more like wading when it's 2 ft deep.
If you're snowed in you can still stay on track with your fitness goals. Try my blizzard blast at-home workout!
- Jog in place for 2 min. (mix in high knees and butt kicks if you like)
- 20 bodyweight squats
- 15 push-ups
- 1-minute plank
- Side plank pulse for 20 reps/side
- Mountain Climbers- 20 reps (1-2-3-4=1 rep)
- Alternating Single Leg Lunge- 10/leg
- Standing Oblique Crunch- 10/side
Repeat circuit 2-3 times, and don’t forget to stretch! Being snowed in at home is a great time to work on your flexibility.
Not even a blizzard can stand in the way between you and your fitness goals!