Enjoy a cup of homemade mocha café au lait early on a weekend morning or as an after dinner treat. This delicious, hot, coffee infused beverage looks like the fancy coffees served in coffee houses. Imagine making that same delightful drink at home without spending a fortune. Simple recipes always keep you home instead of rushing out for a special cup of coffee.
Although going out every now and then is a nice treat too.
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- ½ cup of chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons of instant coffee granules
- Combine all the ingredients into a saucepan.
- Stir ingredients together so they are mixed well.
- Turn on the stove using a medium heat setting under the saucepan.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes. The coffee mixture should be stirred constantly during the heating process.
- Allow the mocha café au lait to get bubbly and steamy before removing the pan from the stove.
- Pour liquid into coffee cups or mugs and serve right away.
- Try almond or soy milk if you prefer. It will bring on a whole new flavor to this beverage.
- Da Vinci is gourmet syrup that is sugar free. Some great flavors that can be tried in this recipe in place of the chocolate are butterscotch, French vanilla, amaretto dolce or peach.
Copyright 2011 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved