Enjoy a cup of homemade mocha café au lait early on a weekend morning or as an after dinner treat. This delicious, hot, coffee infused beverage looks like the fancy coffees served in coffee houses. Imagine making that same delightful drink at home without spending a fortune. Simple recipes always keep you home instead of rushing out for a special cup of coffee.
Although going out every now and then is a nice treat too. Here in Winona the Front Street Coffee shop is a nice place to stop and enjoy a cup of homemade brewed coffee. They are located at 123 N. Front Street – Winona, MS. (662-283-3124)
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- ½ cup of chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons of instant coffee granules
- Combine all the ingredients into a saucepan.
- Stir ingredients together so they are mixed well.
- Turn on the stove using a medium heat setting under the saucepan.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes. The coffee mixture should be stirred constantly during the heating process.
- Allow the mocha café au lait to get bubbly and steamy before removing the pan from the stove.
- Pour liquid into coffee cups or mugs and serve right away.
- Try almond or soy milk if you prefer. It will bring on a whole new flavor to this beverage.
- Da Vinci is gourmet syrup that is sugar free. Some great flavors that can be tried in this recipe in place of the chocolate are butterscotch, French vanilla, amaretto dolce or peach.
For e-mail alerts of new articles from the Winona Cooking Examiner, click on the subscribe button above. Included are her step-by-step, easy to follow recipes the whole family will enjoy. And be sure to check out Winona Home & Living Examiner for an array of fun, crafty and educational topics. Send an email to email@example.com if you have a topic or suggestion you would like covered. Happy reading and thank you for stopping by!
Copyright 2011 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved