Who is going to win the cherished Mirror Ball Trophy for “Dancing with the Stars: at Sea?”
Holland America Line has announced the 15 winning guest finalists who will compete on the champions cruise that sets sail Jan. 12.
One winning dancer from each ship in the Holland America fleet will compete for the top title. Finalists were selected as the winning guest with the highest overall score from the onboard “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea.”
To make it even more exciting, Holland America has announced that Emmy Award winning choreographer and five-time “Dancing With the Stars” TV champ Derek Hough will be performing on the champions cruise aboard the ms Nieuw Amsterdam.
“These guest wowed our guests and judges to win the dance competitions on their respective cruises this year, and we’re excited to see the best of the best to become Holland America Line’s first ‘Dancing with the Stars: At Sea’ champion,” said Richard Meadows, Holland America Line’s executive vice president, sales, marketing and guest programs.
“Our ‘Dancing with the Stars: At Sea’ programming has been wildly popular and a highlight of our cruises, and the Champions Cruise is an exciting way to celebrate our first year of the program.”
The Jan. 12 Champions Cruise will visit the western Caribbean with calls at Half Moon Cay (the line’s award-winning private island), George Town, Grand Cayman and Key West, Florida.
Joining the Champions Cruise to perform in a special production show along with Hough are two-time TV show winner Kym Johnson, along with Sharna Burgess, Emma Slater and Tristan MacManus. Celebrities set to perform include actress Sabrina Bryan, singer Joey Fatone and television personality Carson Kressley.
The 15 guests and their professional shipboard dance partners will perform and compete in the main show lounge for guests, as well as the dance pros and celebrities from the hit ABC television show “Dancing with the Stars,” who will be onboard the Champions Cruise.
The winning couple will walk away with the coveted Holland America Line’s “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea Mirror Ball Trophy” and title of Holland America Line’s first “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” Champion.
Additional events on the cruise include a special fashion show featuring the glamorous show costumes and a chance to meet the dance pros and celebrities, ask questions and take photos with them.
Winning guest competitors from throughout the year on Holland America ships who will be competing on the Jan. 12 Champions Cruise are:
- Todd Greenquist of Scarborough, Maine, representing ms Amsterdam.
- Austin Tran of San Jose, Calif., representing ms Eurodam.
- Dorothy Hobart of East Amherst, N.Y., representing ms Maasdam.
- Randy Estoesta of San Luis Obispo, Calif., representing ms Nieuw Amsterdam.
- Kristin Capaldo of Cumberland, R.I., representing ms Noordam.
- Jose Javier Omar Angeles of Frisco, Texas, representing ms Oosterdam.
- Julie Hurt of Chicago, Ill., representing ms Prinsendam.
- Charles Simonds of San Rafael, Calif., representing ms Rotterdam.
- Jennifer Scott of Boca Raton, Fla., representing ms Ryndam.
- Daniel Honig of Philadelphia, Penn., representing ms Statendam.
- Trudy Morris of New Orleans, La., representing ms Veendam.
- Joyce Dolan of Indian Shores, Fla., representing ms Volendam.
- Allyse Ishino of Santa Ana, Calif., representing ms Westerdam.
- Agnes Roux of Las Vegas, Nev., representing ms Zaandam.
- Mimi Chan of Orlando, Fla., representing ms Zuiderdam.
For more information: Visit www.hollandamerica.com