Ah, the turkey has been cooked, delegated, and liberated; however, there are the remedies of leftovers to tend to. Chiefly, this recipe has solutions for a quick appetite, an exotic hunger, and the challenge of not over-doing the chosen food selection—a turkey club sandwich.
Food choices: what makes the best ingredients to add? A true hands-on chef (sandwich maker) needs good meats; fresh bread; a great choice of tasty, ripened veggies; and don’t overlook the cheese. Additionally, with this turkey club recipe, asparagus spears; soup; smoked cheese; along with a special selection of fresh pumpernickel loaf makes the break. Try this highly opinionated option, and you be the judge—the spiritual turkey club delight.
2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen asparagus spears
1 can (10 ¾ oz.) Condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups cubed, cooked turkey
½ cup sliced, pitted olives
½ cup diced pimiento
½ tsp. grated onions
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
¼ cup shredded, Smokey cheese
1. Place asparagus in a 12 x 7 1/2 –inch glass dish.
2. Cover with plastic film; pierce hole for escaping steam.
3. Microwave on HIGH for 5 to 7 minutes, or until partially cooked.
4. Drain and arrange asparagus spears evenly in dish; set aside.
5. Combine soup, turkey, olives, pimiento, onion, and nutmeg; spoon mixture over asparagus.
6. Top with cheese.
7. Microwave on MEDIUM, uncovered, for 11 to 13 minutes (thoroughly heated through).
8. Let stand for a few minutes and ready to serve.
The turkey club delight has been found to be most popular at couch sittings, luncheons, as well as on the mitts of midnight-snackers. This dish makes for a great holiday treat and it is easily microwavable—topping the charts for this holiday season.