The holidays are upon us, and if you're anything like my friends and me, the idea of gaining that dreaded 5-10 pounds every holiday does less than thrill you. Or perhaps it isn't you who is worried about your waistline, but you have a friend that is a regular gym rat. This revised version of the holiday peanut butter ball recipe allows you to not only enjoy the delights of the season, but they pack a protein punch as well. They are great gifts for your gym pals too!
WHEY Protein "Recovery" Balls (because they are also perfect for after a workout!)
• 1 cup sugar-free peanut butter
• 4 scoops (or 1 and 1/3 cups) whey protein powder... Be flexible, because it'll depend on how greasy your peanut butter is.
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Artificial sweetener to taste (some protein powders have sweeteners as well)
OR ... if you're a crunchy type of person...
• 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
• 2 scoops whey protein powder - I recommend cocoa!
• 2 ripe bananas, mashed
• 2 tablespoons flax seeds
Then roll them in to inch sized balls and, if the spirit moves you, dip them in melted dark dipping chocolate. (Hey, we all have to have a little chocolate splurg now and then, so bring on the endorphines!)