Thanksgiving is just a couple weeks away and then on to Christmas, Hannuaka, New Year's, and other family fun events that require travel. Living in the Fargo area necessitates that travelers be prepared for any eventuality especially snowstorms and unpredicatable weather. Holiday travel doesn't have to be a worry filled stressful event, with a few simple ideas, you can be home for the holidays without a hitch.
- Pack an emergency kit with candy, flashlight, rope, foil blankets and coloring books in case of a car breakdown.
- Keep jumper cables and a tow rope in the back of your car.
- Keep blankets and bottled water if possible for emergencies.
- Fill your car full before leaving to enable you to run the car for heat if stranded.
- Make sure tires are in good shape and car has had maintenance performed on it before long trips.
- Watch the weather! Things can change very quickly
Planning ahead can save winter travel headaches and allow you to get from Fargo to your Hometown safely to enjoy the holidays.