The little ones never seem to have a special drink created for them at Christmastime. There are plenty of mixers, prepared drinks and punch bowls filled with tempting liquids that have to be monitored when children are present because they usually contain some form of alcohol.
Now all the little ones in the house and those coming to join their parents as guests to celebrate the holiday will have their own special drink. Make it seem extra special and put a sign up that this is not for grown-ups. That should tickle their fancy knowing adults also have an off-limits item on the drink table.
- 1 package of unsweetened cherry drink mix, Kool-Aid
- 1 package of unsweetened orange drink mix, Kool-Aid
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 gallon of cold water
- Fill the glass pitcher with about three inches of water.
- Then pour the drink mixes and sugar into the pitcher.
- Stir until the sugar and drink mix powders are completely dissolved.
- Then fill the pitcher with the rest of the water and stir.
- Place pitcher in the refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: