"HomeGoods is a one-stop shop for everything you need this holiday—including unique and unexpected gifts, entertaining pieces, and festive home décor, all at amazing prices
Holiday Entertaining and Decorating Tips from Mindy Weiss for HomeGoods
• Nutcrackers - I always love a bit of a theme…Nutcrackers are my choice this year! I love to have a group by the fireplace, like they are marching, and a welcome team by the front door! This year I found ones at HomeGoods that were all whites, gold’s and silvers! The more the merrier! Oh, and make sure you mix the sizes!
• Cozy Accents - It's easy to make your home feel warmer for the holidays! I always change out my pillows and add new winter-y blankets and throws. Not only does it make for a new look, but if you move your guests outside for some s’mores or a hot chocolate the pillows and blankets will be perfect for comfort and warmth!
• Metallic Touches - Every holiday I change up my metallic accents. I’ve gone from bronze, silver, brass, copper and this year I went gold! Gold vases, candlesticks and votive candles. I even included gold accent tablecloths and napkins.
• Festive Tableware - Time to set the table! I always have a standard set of white dishes. Each holiday I like to add a new accent to my holiday collections. Whether it is a new salad plate, or water glass or a bread plate, each little detail makes a big impact on a holiday table.
• Stylish Serving Trays - You know trays aren't only for serving food and drinks... I use them all over the house for decorating. I love displaying various sized candles and placing it on a coffee table. I also love to buy little trays to put in the guest bathroom with perfumes and guest towels and a small votive candle. On the large trays I love to place 5 glass apothecary jars to make a mini candy shop, and I often take a large tray to make a hot fudge sundae bar for the family and me! The latest tray use was for my bar—I took 5 decanters and displayed them for a help yourself bar. HomeGoods has a great selection of styles!
• Unique Gift Boxes - Since we are always wrapping gifts, whether it is for my parties or for the holidays, I like my gifts to be noticed! I don’t always like to use paper but often I go out to find fun unique boxes. Not only are my gifts an attention getter, but you also never see the recipient of your gift throwing away your beautiful wrapping efforts.
* * *
Lifestyle Examiner went shopping with our camera at our local HomeGoods store to give you our impressions of some great buys for your party or entertaining needs. Check out the slideshow for sure!