This recipe is one of five featured in my "Sugar Rush" article in the December issue of Southwest Metro Magazine. The focus of the piece is on easy entertaining and profiles a decadent dessert buffet using recipes that require 5 ingredients or less. I will be posting the other four recipes over the course of the next week. Here is an excerpt of the article:
Along with the excitement and anticipation that most of us feel with the impending holidays, comes the stress of wondering how we will fit everything in. I created this enticing dessert buffet with the hope that it would alleviate some of the stress of entertaining during this busy time. Each of these recipes is made with five ingredients or less, and while they are very easy to prepare, they’re also appealing and delicious.
These recipes free us from the confines of the kitchen, allowing us additional time to appreciate the sweeter moments of our celebrations with family and friends. This stunning dessert buffet will give your guests permission to linger and luxuriate in “a little bit of everything.”
Lisa’s Ultimate Mistletoe treats
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of Bailey’s mint chocolate liqueur (this can easily be omitted if serving to children)
- 1 package of premade chocolate cordial cups (I use the Dobla brand*)
- 1 chocolate bar (I used a Ghirardelli chocolate truffle bar for this recipe)
- Bring whipping cream just to a boil, remove from heat and whisk in chocolate until smooth. Stir in Bailey’s.
- Pour into a medium size bowl and refrigerate 40-45 minutes or until chilled but not firm.
- Beat ganache until it is thick and semi-firm with a mousse like consistency.
- Fit a pastry bag with a #21 open star pastry tip. Spooned prepared chocolate into the bag and pipe into the chocolate cordial cups.
- Using a handheld micro-planer, lightly grate a chocolate bar over the tops of the mistletoe treats prior to serving.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Tune into Kare 11 Today on Thursday, December 15th at 11:00 AM for Lisa's holiday dessert demo. All of the featured recipes have five ingredients or less and require very little time.
Click on the subscribe tab above to receive free notification each time Lisa posts an article.
Follow Lisa on twitter @lpatrin
More of Lisa's holiday recipes and culinary gift ideas:
Obrigadeiro Brigadeiros ~ Decadent Brazilian treats made right here in the Twin Cities