Chocolate, peppermint, and cheesecake oh my! Who could resist such a combination? Aimee from Shugary Sweets has created a masterpiece that combines all three. This cake is impressive and sure to be the highlight of any holiday party.
At first glance this recipe is a bit intimidating, but Aimee assures us each layer can be made on a different day and frozen until needed. Why not bake and stash a few layers for the busy holiday season ahead.
When the rave reviews start rolling in, you need not admit how easy this recipe was, simply smile graciously and enjoy them.
Don't forget to check out the slide show for more luscious desserts, cookies, pies and cakes from Aimee at shugarysweets.com.
Ingredients needed will include:
- For the Chocolate Cake Layers:
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 2 pkg (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 bag (10oz) Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips For the Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 bag (10oz) Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips
For complete directions and more scrumptious recipes visit Shugary Sweets website.
Have a happy and tasty holiday season.
Don’t miss a thing! The holidays are here, for more great recipes and baking ideas subscribe to this page to be notified whenever something new is published.