Do you need a break from the holiday hustle and bustle? If your answer is yes, step inside the tranquil, serene spaces within your local Dallas/Fort Worth museums and watch your stress melt away. Choose an exhibit from the Holiday Art Exhibit Guide below and make your plans to attend today.
Art exhibits at Dallas museums
- Rediscoveries: Modes of Making in Modern Sculpture. Nasher Sculpture Center. Admission $10 or less. On view through January 13, 2013.
- Diego Velasquez: The Early Court Portraits. Meadows Museum of Art at Southern Methodist University. Admission $10 or less. On view through January 13, 2013.
- Posters of Paris: Toulouse Lautrec and His Contemporaries. Dallas Museum of Art. Admission $10 or less. On view through January 20, 2013.
- On the Silk Road and the High Seas: Chinese Ceramics, Culture and Commerce. Crow Collection of Asian Art. Free admission. On view through January 27, 2013.
- Rising Up! Hale Woodruff’s Murals from Talladega College. African American Museum. Admission $5 or less. On view through February 28, 2013.
Art exhibits at Fort Worth museums
- The Kimbell at 40: An Evolving Masterpiece. Kimbell Art Museum. Free admission. On view through December 30, 2012.
- To See as Artists See: American Art from the Phillips Collection. Amon Carter Museum of American Art. Free admission. On view through January 6, 2013.
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition. Fort Worth Museum of Science and History. Admission $26 or less. On view through March 24, 2013.
- Tenth Anniversary Acquisitions. Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth. Admission $10 or less. On view through August 18, 2013.
For more information visit:
by Jeralan Minnick
Follow the Dallas Museum Examiner on: